Potato Salad Your Way
Ingredients Optional Mix-Ins*
– 2 ½ pounds potato (*add after potatoes are cool)
(cut in halves or quarters if large) – Sliced celery, asparagus, peas, bell pepper
– Salt & Pepper – Chopped herbs
– ¼ onion finely chopped onion – Chopped hard-cooked egg
– ¼ cup olive oil – Sweet pickle relish
– 2 tablespoons vinegar – Chopped pickles or capers
( use sherry or apple cider vinegar) – Slivered green olives
– 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard – Crumbled bacon
1. Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with cold water by 1 inch and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-25 minutes depending on size. Run under cold water to cool slightly, then drain.
2.Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, and onion; season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes and onion and toss to combine. When cool add optional mix-ins. Serve at room temperature. To store, refrigerate, up to overnight.