Lake City-based Hunger Intervention Program (HIP) works to bring food to local families and now seniors through its Healthy HIP Packs Program, meal programs, and by advocating for our hungry neighbors.
Veggie and Egg Scramble
Makes 2 servings
It’s easy and delicious to add vegetables into your meals, with fresh, frozen, or canned vegetables! Add in any vegetables or cheese that you have on hand for a balanced meal of protein, vegetables, and dairy.
Vitamin A ♦ Fiber ♦ Calcium ♦ Vitamin C ♦ Protein
2 cups veggies (fresh, frozen, or canned)
½ small onion, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons oil (olive, canola, vegetable)
cheese of choice, optional
Other seasonings, of your choice!
1. Chop onion into small pieces.
2. Put a skillet on the stove and turn to medium heat. Add olive oil to the pan.
3. Saute onions until brown, then add the veggies. Saute until veggies are almost fully cooked.
4. Crack-open the eggs into the skillet. Scramble and mix all contents until cooked.
5. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Add any other seasonings of your choice!
6. Top off with cheese.