HIP is hiring! If you are looking for experience working with great volunteers, planning menus, and non-profit meal service, this is an excellent position for you. This is a part-time position that has the potential to grow from 0.6 FTE to 0.8 FTE depending on skills and abilities.
This individual will work with HIP’s Meal Program Manager to coordinate the operations of HIP’s community senior meal program. The coordinator will create menus that satisfy program requirements, manage weekly food ordering, prepare for prep shifts, and run meal prep and service. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with a passion for feeding people, especially seniors, and the ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Work with Meal Program Manager to plan menus, production sheets, and shopping lists
- Assist with inventory and ordering of food
- Lead volunteers in the preparation of meals
- Lead volunteers in the serving and cleanup of meals
- Ensure the safe handling of food by complying with local health and safety standards
- Create a dynamic and welcoming environment for all volunteers and program participants
- Drive the HIP van to deliver food and supplies
- Additional duties as assigned
- Two years of professional or community kitchen experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds including program participants, staff, and volunteers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take multiple perspectives into account
- Strong time management skills, both in and out of the kitchen
- Creativity in problem solving on the fly
- Willingness to learn and comply with food safety and sanitation rules
- Passionate about food and addressing issues of hunger
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, reach, bend, stand or kneel repeatedly
- Must pass the Washington State Patrol background check
- Must have current Driver’s License, clean driving record, and current liability insurance
- Must have or obtain a current Washington State Food Worker Card (ServSafe preferred)
- Must have basic computer proficiency including MS Word and Excel
This is a part-time position that pays $16/hour and offers limited medical benefit.
How to apply
Please send a paragraph explaining why you are interested in the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Meal Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For priority consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by March 16th.
HIP is an equal opportunity employer. We aspire to be a multicultural organization and seek to hire individuals who contribute to our cultural fluency. We value employees who are aware of their own cultural lens, along with the impact it has on their interactions and work, and who can effectively connect across culture and difference, including race, class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and physical ability.