We are looking for someone to join our team as a part-time dishwasher to support our Senior Meal Program. This is a part-time (12 hours/week), permanent position. The candidate must be available to work on the days meals are served – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 am – 2 pm. See complete job description below and please help us spread the word!
- Wash, dry, and put away dishes
- Assist in the overall cleanup of the kitchen
- Be a part of a welcoming environment for all volunteers and program participants
- Help with other kitchen tasks as needed
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds including program participants, staff, and volunteers
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance required
- Willingness to learn and comply with food safety and sanitation rules
- Organized and has attention to details
- Must be able to work Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10am-2pm.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, reach, bend, stand or kneel repeatedly
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen that sometimes has slippery floors and a lot of foot traffic
- Must pass the Washington State Patrol background check
This is a part-time position that pays $15/hour plus a hot, made-from-scratch lunch with every shift. We also offer Orca cards for commute.
How to apply
Please send a paragraph explaining why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Dishwasher” in the subject line. If you do not have access to email, call 206-538-6567 and leave a message. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. HIP is an equal opportunity employer. We aspire to be a multicultural organization and seek to hire individuals who contribute to our cultural fluency. We value employees who are aware of their own cultural lens, along with the impact it has on their interactions and work, and who can effectively connect across culture and difference, including race, class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and physical ability.