This position has been filled.
Hunger Intervention Program (HIP) is seeking a full-time Development Coordinator (40 hours/week) to work directly with the Executive Director (ED). This is an excellent opportunity for an early-career individual looking to gain more experience in non-profit development and fundraising.
HIP has an inclusive and collaborative team culture that values everyone’s unique skills and knowledge. The staff at HIP are passionate about building community over good food and demonstrate a deep commitment to racial equity and to understanding the racially and culturally diverse community that we serve.
HIP is an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Assist ED in cultivating donors, including building relationships, making solicitations, and securing donations.
- Coordinate different forms of donor communication including email and print newsletters and website
- Maintain donor records, coordinate mailings, solicit and acknowledge donations
- Coordinate fundraising events and campaigns including planning, securing sponsorship, implementation, and wrap up tasks.
- Represent the organization at community events and meetings as needed.
- Help create marketing and program specific materials including brochures, surveys, flyers, press releases, videos, and program participant stories.
- Organize, recruit, train, and supervise volunteers/interns for development related tasks including event volunteers.
- Research potential funders and partner organizations, including corporations, local businesses, faith organizations, and community groups. Connect and build relationships with them.
- Help with grant research, grant writing, and reporting
- Work with ED to develop, implement, and evaluate the annual development plan
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for food justice, addressing the root causes of hunger, and a broad understanding of systemic oppressions
- At least two years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising experience or equivalent and who brings a social justice lens to this work
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point.
- Resourceful and comfortable with use of computer (Windows) and Internet research. Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies needed for development work.
- Previous experience with donor management software and email marketing solutions, such as MailChimp preferred.
- Previous grant-writing experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Detail oriented
Benefits and Compensation
The expected salary range is $38,000 to $44,000, depending on experience and skills. Additionally, HIP provides a benefits package that includes:
- Medial insurance including vision
- Retirement contribution matching
- Support for professional development and training
- Generous paid time off as well as 9 paid holidays
- Orca card (if needed)
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume, cover letter, two references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications received before February 28th.