Who doesn’t love a great banana bread recipe? We sure do! The great part about banana bread is that you want the bananas to be past their prime ripeness, when most people would want to throw them out. Luckily for HIP, when we get a large quantity of bananas we can quickly turn them into delicious banana bread and muffins for both our Senior Meals and Afterschool Snacks programs with this easy recipe banana.
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole-wheat flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
4 tbsp (1/4 cup) butter
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour a 4×8” loaf pan.*
3. Sift flour, salt, baking soda in a bowl in a small bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, butter, sugar, and vanilla together. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in mashed bananas until well combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared dish.
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack before serving.
*Alternatively, you can use this recipe to make one dozen muffins. Use a muffin pan and decrease baking time to 20 minutes.